This is a wonderful 'fish only' version of the famous Spanish Dish.
And if your a real paella fanatic in the shop we sell paella outdoor gas cookers, and a huge array of paella pans, great for camping trips or paella beach parties.
500 grams of Monkfish,
300g squid cut into chunks and rings
200g cooked shell on prawns(these are used as a cooking prawn to impart flavour to the paella
they are cheap to buy but have a great flavour)
8 large raw prawns or langoustines
1 litre fish or vegetable stock (you may need more or less stock depending how much your rice absorbs, so just go with the flow.)
100g frozen peas
1 onion chopped
Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
1 red pepper - deseeded and chopped
1 yellow pepper deseeded and chopped
6 Garlic cloves chopped
400 grams paella rice
Good pinch of saffron
- Fry the onions in the oil, add the squid & cook for a few mins.
- Add the garlic, peppers and shell on prawns, cook for a few more minutes
- Add saffron and cook for 1 min then add the rice, stir well so the rice is coated in all the spices.
- Gradually add the stock a little at a time, only add more when the liquid has been absorbed
- When the rice is nearly cooked add the monkfish and prawns and more stock to keep cooking the rice.
- Remember the golden rule with fresh mussels go in the pot closed come out open
- When rice is ready (The rice should have a little bite in the centre) add the mussels and peas and cook until the mussels open.
- Finally check the seasoning and serve
- Note the rice should have a nice creamy texture but don’t worry too much, just enjoy