This is a wonderful 'fish only' version
of the famous Moroccan Dish.
Serves 4 People.
500 grams of monkfish,
300g squid chopped
16 shell on prawns
1/2 litre fish or vegetable stock (you may
need more or less stock depending how much your stew reduces, so just go with the flow.)
1 onion chopped
Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
1 red pepper - deseeded and chopped
1 yellow pepper deseeded and chopped
6 Garlic cloves chopped
Good pinch of saffron
2 tablespoon Lemon tagine spice paste
Good handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 red chilli deseeded
- Fry the onions in the oil, add the squid & cook for a few mins.
- Add the garlic, peppers and pre soaked dried apricots, cook for a few more minutes
- Add the prawns, saffron, chilli and tagine paste.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 mins
- Add the monkfish and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the mussels, orange zest and juice cook until the mussels open.
- Finally check the seasoning and serve with freshly chopped coriander