Seared pineapple cut squid with chilli and ginger dressing
We only use day boat squid or whenever possible jigged fish (line caught using a lure).
400g prepared squid
Small amount of fresh coriander chopped
1 small chilli deseeded and chopped
Mixed salad leaves
- Get your fishmonger to prepare your squid cut into random sizes and criss-cross scored on both sides (pineapple cut)
- Marinate the squid in lime zest, olive oil, crushed garlic and chilli.
- Sear the squid in a little hot olive oil for1 min each side allow to rest for 1 minute
- Lay on top of salad leaves
- Drizzle with chilli and ginger dressing
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and freshly chopped coriander.