Coconut & Lime Fish Curry
For this recipe I have used ling, a local fish from the cod family, with great texture and flavour; however any white fish is suitable.
500g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
1 tin coconut milk
1 red chilli – deseeded, optional
2 Tomatoes - chopped
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 tps Thai red curry paste or tandoori paste
½ block of creamed coconut (You may need to use more if sauce requires further thickening)
Handful of fresh coriander - chopped
1. Cut the fish into chunks & marinate in the zest of the lime, with a little of the oil.
2. Fry onions in the butter until softened.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for a few minutes
4. Add the curry paste, chopped tomatoes, garlic & chilli, and Coconut milk
5. Bring to the boil and allow the sauce to reduce.
6. When the sweet potato is cooked add the ling and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
7. Thicken the sauce by stirring in the creamed coconut.
8. Add chopped coriander.
9. Serve with lime wedges & saffron scented rice pilaff.